- Hypertension, or high blood pressure, affects more than one billion people worldwide and almost half of all adults in the United States.
- The condition can increase the risk of heart, brain, kidney, and other diseases.
- People can often control their blood pressure through regular exercise, eating a healthy diet, and managing stress levels, but medications are sometimes necessary.
- Thiazides are diuretics that are often used to lower blood pressure.
- A large, real-world study comparing two thiazides found that both are equally effective at preventing cardiovascular disease.
By Katharine Lang on December 23, 2022
Fact checked by Jessica Beake, Ph.D.
Call us at (888)-243-6602 to discuss how we can help keep your loved one safe and happy at home.