- Inflammation is the mechanism by which the body responds to and fights infection.
- However, chronic, or long-term, inflammation is associated with many diseases, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, and dementia.
- Age, obesity, poor diet, and smoking increase the risk of chronic inflammation.
- A new study has added to growing evidence of a link between vitamin D deficiency and inflammation.
- The researchers suggest that, in older adults, vitamin D supplements may help reduce the risk of many inflammatory diseases.
By Katharine Lang on July 18, 2023
Fact checked by Michelle T. Wyatt, MD
Call us at (888)-243-6602 to discuss how we can help keep your loved one safe and happy at home.